Friday, January 19, 2007

A glossary of online news terms

[Keyword: , ]. The Online Journalism Review have started a potentially very useful glossary of online news terms on their site - and in admirable fashion, have made it a wiki that registered users can edit.

I've been in there and said my bit, adding user generated content, crowdsourcing, podcast, vodcast, vlogs, moblogs, photoblogs, CMS, and 'wiki' itself - and just to be a pedant, I've changed the headings from being simply bold (meaningless), to actually using heading tags (h3, if you must know). I'll be claiming my percentage when the OJR's search engine rankings improve.


Save this story on del.icio.us / Digg this story





Paul Bradshaw lectures on the Journalism degree at UCE Birmingham media department. He writes a number of blogs including the Online Journalism Blog, Interactive PR and Web and New Media

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home